Software Engineer, Automations
At Torus our mission is to empower individuals and communities to become their own renewable energy provider. Torus accelerates the transition from fossil fuel to hybrid to fully electrified homes by decentralizing power and makes it easier to live a renewables life by orchestrating and automating power use during renewable energy cycles.
As an employee of Torus, you will be proud of the work that you do, innovating new technology solutions to help save our planet. You will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating new product offerings in the renewables industry. You will have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
You will join an experienced Torus engineers to create the integrations team, responsible for researching and connecting third party partner APIs such as IoT and energy providers to our solutions. As a member of a customer-centric engineering team, you’ll interact with our customers and partners to help better understand their needs and improve their Torus experiences. You’ll work with an amazing team of designers and engineers to help build experiences that delight.
Specifically you’ll research, design, build, own, monitor, and maintain API integrations with home appliances and energy systems. As a team we’re committed to helping each other build solutions that are reliable, scalable, and secure.
In addition to the connections to 3rd party systems, you’ll build energy management micro services to power our internal products as well as other customers’ products and services.
Who You Are
You’ll be a great fit if you have a passion for helping to solve complex climate challenges and are committed to finding new innovative ways to preserve and enhance our planet. As a member of a rapidly growing startup, you’ll add incredible value as a self-starter, excited to learn new technologies and apply your hard skills to empower our customers to connect all of the smart appliances in their homes and integrate the Torus products that will help them live clean, renewable lives.
Experience You’ll Need
To be successful in this role you’ll have experience and/or strong interest in:
- Integrating with EVs and thermostats
- Integrating with IoT smart home devices, services, and other home appliances
- Working with partners to establish relationships, research their APIs, provide feedback, and advocate for features
- Supporting partners as customers, to define and improve our API offerings
- Demonstrated proficiency of authentication and authorization mechanisms like OAuth and JSON Web tokens
- Operational experience monitoring and maintaining reliable, secure, and scalable integrations across multiple vendors, connection types, and auth mechanisms.
- Building reliable, scalable, and secure REST or GraphQL APIs
- AWS certifications at the Associate or Professional level (or equivalent on Azure or GCP) are highly encouraged.
- Test Driven Development
- Test automation and deployment of solutions.
- Familiarity with and experience implementing DevOps principles
- Proven experience as an Integrations Engineer, with programming skills in languages such as Python, Typescript, Node, or others
- Translating integration strategies into designs and then into high quality, reliable, scalable, and secure code
- Evolving and maintaining AWS architectures, including monitoring and alerting systems
- “Bonus” experiences: Experience with power or battery management systems, electricity markets, micro-grids, energy monitoring, variable load control systems, EV charging, etc
Our Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Rest and Recovery Program; 10 paid holidays per year
- Employee rewards package includes equity
- Paid Parental Leave