Installation Crew Member
Location: Remote in Utah
Full Time, Hourly
At Torus our mission is to empower individuals and communities to become their own renewable energy provider. Torus accelerates the transition from fossil fuel to hybrid to fully electrified homes by decentralizing power and makes it easier to live a renewables life by orchestrating and automating power use during renewable energy cycles.
As an employee of Torus, you will be proud of the work that you do, innovating new technology solutions to help save our planet. You will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating new product offerings in the renewables industry. You will have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
About the role
As a Crew Member, you are responsible for assisting the Crew Lead in rooftop installation of solar panels and racking, and working with the electrician to finish the full install. This role requires great customer skills, high attention to detail, safety and high quality of work. We are looking for hard working, organized, and professional Crew Members who have installed solar or would like to learn how to install solar.
We are looking for strong individuals to support our company's growth and continued success. We have a great work environment that helps individual growth and allows our team to enjoy helping people save money and save the planet.
- Install solar panels and switchgear to complete PV solar systems up to NEC and local code standards
- Assist Electrician and Crew Lead as needed
- Keep all safety standards for you and the crew
- Provide great face-to-face customer service
- Be on time to the job
- Perform service maintenance and repairs, as needed
- Clean up of job site and vehicle
Experience you'll need
- No solar installation experience required
- Construction experience preferred, but not required
- Must be required to use ladders at varying heights, and lift heavy items (up to 60 lbs)
- May be required to work in inclement weather at varying times and places
- Must be comfortable working at great heights
Who you are
- You are on time and on budget.
- Be ready to work hard and gain more experience and knowledge
- Must be flexible to changing schedules, customer demands, and site conditions
- Must demonstrate ethical behavior
- Must be able to work unsupervised for extended periods of time
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-start and meet task-based metric goals
- Work well with the team
- Positive and optimistic
Our perks and benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Employee rewards package includes equity
- Paid Parental Leave