At Torus our mission is to empower individuals and communities to become their own renewable energy provider. Torus accelerates the transition from fossil fuel to hybrid to fully electrified homes by decentralizing power and makes it easier to live a renewables life by orchestrating and automating power use during renewable energy cycles.
As an employee of Torus, you will be proud of the work that you do, innovating new technology solutions to help save our planet. You will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating new product offerings in the renewables industry. You will have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
The person in this role will be a founding member of a new team, responsible for building customer-facing experiences for managing the purchase and install of their Torus green energy system. As a member of the engineering team, you’ll interact with our customers to help better understand their needs and improve their Torus experience. You’ll work with an amazing team of designers, software engineers, and data science engineers to help build web experiences that delight.
Who You Are
You’ll be a great fit if you have a passion for helping to solve complex climate challenges and are committed to finding new innovative ways to preserve and enhance our planet. As a member of a rapidly growing startup, you’ll add incredible value as a self-starter, excited to learn new technologies and apply your hard skills to empower our customers to discover, purchase, and install the Torus products that will help them live clean, renewable lives.
Experience You’ll Need
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Strong proficiency in HTML, CSS, TypeScript, including DOM manipulation.
- A thorough understanding of React.js and other front-end technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency of authentication and authorization mechanisms like OAuth and JSON Web tokens. Bonus for experience with Cognito and CloudFlare.
- Experience leveraging REST APIs
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with and experience implementing DevOps principles
- Experience with Stripe or other payment processing systems
- The ability to translate designs into reliable, scalable, and secure code
- Experience benchmarking the performance of websites through methodologies and tools like apdex, New Relic, or Pingdom.
- Experience with analytic tracking and running A/B testing to optimize conversion.
- Desire to grow and learn backend serverless technologies.
Our Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Rest and Recovery Program; 10 paid holidays per year
- Employee rewards package includes equity
- Paid Parental Leave