Electrical Automation Engineer (Remote based in Utah)
Remote / Utah
Full-Time | Salary
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field and 5+ years of professional experience in electrical power system design
Location: Remote based in Utah
Schedule + FLSA: Full Time, Salary
About Torus, Inc.
At Torus our mission is to empower individuals and communities to become their own renewable energy provider. Torus accelerates the transition from fossil fuel to hybrid to fully electrified homes by decentralizing power and makes it easier to live a renewables life by orchestrating and automating power use during renewable energy cycles.
As an employee of Torus, you will be proud of the work that you do, innovating new technology solutions to help save our planet. You will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating new product offerings in the renewables industry. You will have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
As an Automation Engineer, you will apply and continue to build your technical expertise and interpersonal skills by working closely with other engineers in the team and suppliers, to develop, manufacture and test components related to renewable energy systems such as Flywheels, inverters, bi-directional DC-DC converters, etc. The successful candidate should have experience with design and analysis of power distribution systems (up to 1000V AC and DC), designing and programming of PC-based control systems and developing monitoring and maintenance systems.
Who You Are
You’ll be a great fit if you have a passion for helping to solve complex climate challenges and are committed to finding new innovative ways to preserve and enhance our planet. As a member of a rapidly growing startup, you’ll add incredible value as a self-starter, excited to learn new technologies and apply your hard skills to empower our customers to discover, purchase, and install the Torus products that will help them live clean, renewable lives.
What You’ll Own
- Design and creation of electrical systems for power generation and storage, including selection and specification of hardware required.
- Making sure the systems are designed based on safety standards
- Testing and commissioning of the equipment to ensure all systems are functioning as expected
- Create project documentation
- Perform simulations for assigned projects
- Collaborate closely with mechanical, electrical, and firmware engineers.
Experience You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of professional experience in electrical power system design
- Familiarity with electrical schematics and PCB
- Wiring, PLC, Relays specification and selection experience
- Ability to design, specify, select, and deploy electrical busing, cabling and components including transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, contactors and meters
- Knowledge of state of the art batteries and other energy storage technologies
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary team with other engineers
- Ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Knowledge of firmware is a plus
Our Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Total Rewards program that includes equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Rest and Recovery Program
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Paid Parental Leave
Working Location Information
This position is based in Utah. The role is hybrid remote and requires occasional onsite work in Springville and Salt Lake City warehouse locations (air-conditioned and non air-conditioned).
- Must be capable of standing, bending, and executing repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must report to work with the ability to use full and unimpaired skills and judgment to safely execute your job.
- Ability to communicate information so others can understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English is required.