Software Engineer - IntegrationsUpload Resume
Link opens in new tab.
At Torus we’re building green energy hardware and software to empower individuals and communities to become their own renewable utility provider. Our vision is to offset 80% of our customers’ carbon footprint and lower their utility bills by 80% or more. We believe the keys to saving our planet — and money — are electrification, decentralization, decarbonization, and digitization. We are well-funded and moving quickly to get out transformative products to customers.
You will be a founding member of a new team, responsible for researching and connecting third party partner APIs such as IoT and energy providers to our solutions. As a member of a customer-centric engineering team, you’ll interact with our customers and partners to help better understand their needs and improve their Torus experience.
You’ll work with an amazing team of designers and engineers to help build experiences that delight.
Specifically you’ll research, design, build, own, monitor, and maintain API integrations with home appliances and energy systems. The design should be secure, scalable and reusable.
In addition to the connections to 3rd party systems, you’ll build energy management micro services to power our internal products as well as other customers’ products and services.
Who You Are
You’ll be a great fit if you have a passion for helping to solve complex climate challenges and are committed to finding new innovative ways to preserve and enhance our planet. As a member of a rapidly growing startup, you’ll add incredible value as a self-starter, excited to learn new technologies and apply your hard skills to empower our customers to connect all of the smart appliances in their homes and connect the Torus products that will help them live clean, renewable lives.
Experience You'll Need
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Experience integrating with IoT smart home devices, services, and other home appliances.
- Experience working with partners to establish relationships, research their APIs, provide feedback, and advocate for features.
- Experience supporting partners as customers, to define and improve our API offerings, and assist with questions.
- Demonstrated proficiency of authentication and authorization mechanisms like OAuth and JSON Web tokens.
- Operational experience monitoring and maintaining reliable, secure, and scalable integrations across multiple vendors, connection types, and auth mechanisms.
- Experience building scalable, secure, and reliable REST or GraphQL APIs.
- AWS certifications at the Associate or Professional level (or equivalent on Azure or GCP) are highly encouraged.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Proficiency with test automation and deployment of solutions.
- Familiarity with and experience implementing DevOps principles.
- Proven experience as an Integrations Engineer, with programming skills in languages such as Python, Typescript, Node, or others.
- The ability to translate integration strategies into designs and then into high quality, scalable, secure, and reliable code.
- Experience evolving and maintaining AWS architectures, including monitoring and alerting systems.
- “Bonus” experiences: Experience with power or battery management systems, electricity markets, micro-grids, energy monitoring, variable load control systems, EV charging, etc.
Link opens in new tab.