When we say installing a Torus Station offers many financial and environmental benefits, you don’t just have to take our word for it. That’s because the Torus App tracks your savings and CO2 reductions in real time. Climate change and rising energy costs mean it's more important than ever to find new, innovative ways to power our lives. Torus helps you make a difference you can see, both for your wallet and our planet.
- The Torus App shows you how much money and CO2 you’re saving thanks to your Torus Station.
- Torus Impact reports cover both homes and electric vehicle charging (at home).
- Impact tracking offers an easy way to see the financial and environmental difference you and your system are making.
What is impact reporting?
Impact reports quantify how much you and your system are helping the environment and lowering your power bill. They show your electricity costs and CO2 emissions with a Torus Station versus your costs and emissions if you were to power your home using only the grid. This comparison lets you easily see your system’s impact on any given day.
Even cooler? If you own an EV, your Torus App can compare the costs and emissions of powering your vehicle with Torus versus the costs and emissions of powering a comparably sized gas car.
How does Torus calculate your energy savings?
The Torus Station lowers your electricity bill by 60%-80%. The best part? You can see your costs drop in real time.
Here’s how Torus calculates your savings, step by step:
- The Torus Station tracks how much electricity you’re using overall and identifies what percentage of that power is coming from the grid.
- Your system analyzes utility company rates to determine what you paid for the energy you pulled from the grid.
- The Torus Station uses those same utility company rates to calculate what you would have paid in energy costs if you had pulled 100% of your electricity from the grid.
- The Torus App compares these two numbers in the Impact tab so you can see exactly how much you’re saving with Torus!
How does it calculate your CO2 reductions?
Unfortunately, most electricity from the grid is created by burning fossil fuels. Impact tracking lets you see how much CO2 you’re saving by powering your home with Torus rather than relying exclusively on the grid.
Here’s a breakdown of the calculation:
- The Torus Station analyzes utility company data to determine how much CO2 is emitted by creating a watt of grid power at different points throughout the day.
- Your system uses this data to calculate how much CO2 was released to create the power you pulled from the grid.
- It also calculates how much CO2 would have been released if you had pulled 100% of your electricity from the grid.
- The Torus App compares these two numbers so you can see just how much lower your carbon footprint* is thanks to Torus!
* Producing solar panels and batteries creates CO2, and we factor these emissions into our calculations so you can rest assured knowing your impact reporting is as accurate as can be.
How does impact tracking work with EVs?
Thanks to the Torus Station’s unique integrations, EV owners can also see the savings and CO2 reductions they unlock by charging their vehicles with Torus. Here’s how EV impact tracking works:
- The Torus Station integrates with your EV charger. It uses this integration to track how much electricity you’re using to power your vehicle and determine where that electricity is coming from.
- It also tracks how many miles of range you add on any given day.
- Using this data, the Torus Station calculates the costs and emissions required to add that range to your vehicle's battery.
- The system then analyzes gas prices and fuel efficiencies to determine the costs and emissions required to drive a comparable gas-powered car for the same number of miles.
- The Torus App compares these two numbers, allowing you to see the real, quantifiable benefits of your EV.
What are the advantages of impact reporting?
Tracking your cost savings illustrates the financial benefits of installing a Torus Station. If you pay for your system upfront, impact reporting lets you easily gauge how quickly you’re recouping your initial investment through power bill savings. If you choose to finance your system, impact tracking shows how your monthly system payments compare to your power bill without Torus.
Tracking CO2 reductions lets you see how much good you’re doing for the planet. Climate change can feel like an overwhelming problem, but with Torus, you can make a substantial difference that’s clear and quantifiable. In fact, many Torus Station owners reduce their carbon footprints by hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds of CO2 every month. Talk about a positive impact.
Where can I find my impact report?
Your impact reports live in the “Impact” tab of the Torus App. With them, you can quickly analyze your savings and CO2 reductions over daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and all-time views.
Get started on your Torus Station
The Torus Station lets you create, store, manage, and even sell your own renewable energy at home. Make a difference you can see for yourself.
You May Also Like
What is The Wattsmart Battery Program? Everything You Need to Know.
Residential solar and battery systems are a scalable way to increase the capacity and resilience of the electrical grid quickly.
Torus Partners With Vivint Smart Energy to Expand Clean Energy Access Storage Solutions
Torus partners with Vivint Smart Energy to expand access to clean energy storage solutions.