Test Engineer / Electrical Engineer
At Torus our mission is to empower individuals and communities to become their own renewable energy provider. Torus accelerates the transition from fossil fuel to hybrid to fully electrified homes by decentralizing power and makes it easier to live a renewables life by orchestrating and automating power use during renewable energy cycles.
As an employee of Torus, you will be proud of the work that you do, innovating new technology solutions to help save our planet. You will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating new product offerings in the renewables industry. You will have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
What You'll Do
- Contribute as a founding member of our engineering team and develop an internal test lab
- Help verify and certify our Flywheel Energy Storage System (FESS - Mechanical Battery)
- Solve technical problems to achieve product specifications
- Create, manage and execute robust Testing Methodology and Compliance plans
- Work closely with internal engineering team and external test facilities
Experience You'll Need
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- 3-5 years experience in Electrical Engineering
- A passion and proven track record of testing electro-mechanical products
- Proven experience as a Test and/or Compliance Engineer. Strengths in Leadership, Discipline, and Organization.
- Experience creating test fixtures, labview (or similar) programs, and test reports.
- Experience managing testing timelines and communicating with the team
- Ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Hands on Problem Solver
Perks and Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Mandatory Time Off; 10 paid holidays per year
- Employee rewards package includes equity
- Paid Parental Leave