Salt Lake City, UT
Experience: 2+ years of experience in manufacturing, production and/or assembly operations.
Location: Onsite - Salt Lake City, Utah (84119)
Schedule & FLSA: Full Time, Hourly
Shift: First Shift 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
At Torus, our mission is to empower individuals and communities to become their own renewable energy provider. Torus accelerates the transition from fossil fuel to hybrid to fully electrified homes by decentralizing power and makes it easier to live a renewables life by orchestrating and automating power use during renewable energy cycles.
As an employee of Torus, you will be proud of the work that you do, innovating new technology solutions to help save our planet. You will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating new product offerings in the renewables industry. You will have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role
As a Torus Manufacturing Technician, you will work in our manufacturing warehouse assembling the Torus Station Core. The Technician will follow standard operating procedures. In addition, the Technician will assemble parts, run wiring based on work instructions, solder wiring connections, inspect, test and package the finished product. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Assemble and operate light machines and products. Perform assembly and wiring of electrical components following engineering diagrams and specifications. Use hand and power tools to assemble, adjust, and align components according to engineering specifications.
- Carry out the assembly and integration of mechanical components, including but not limited to motors, gears, belts, pulleys, and other mechanical parts. Use hand and power tools to assemble, adjust, and align components according to engineering specifications.
- Assist in the maintenance and calibration of manufacturing equipment and tools. Notify appropriate personnel of any equipment malfunctions or issues that may impact production.
- Prevent accidents and follow safety protocols. Maintain high standards of quality control throughout the manufacturing process. Adhere to all safety protocols and regulations to ensure a safe working environment. Follow company policies and procedures, as well as industry standards and guidelines, to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers, supervisors, and other technicians, to optimize manufacturing processes and address any technical challenges or issues that arise. Communicate effectively and proactively to ensure smooth workflow while identifying and implementing improvements and efficient problem-solving.
- Conduct routine inspections of completed assemblies. Accurately document completion in assembly processes, measurements, adjustments, and test results.
- Generate reports detailing any issues or improvements identified during the assembly and testing phases.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform necessary tasks.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Experience You’ll Need
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing, production and/or assembly operations.
- Experience with wire soldering and electrical panel assembly is preferred.
Who You Are
- Aligned to Torus’ mission: Empower individuals and communities to become their own renewable utility provider.
- Attention to Detail: Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow precise instructions and specifications. Must possess strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve assembly issues effectively.
- Safety Consciousness: Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe working environment. Familiarity with safety regulations and practices related to electrical and mechanical assembly work.
- Communication Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with team members, engineers, and supervisors to ensure smooth workflow and efficient problem-solving.
- Time Management: Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize tasks effectively to meet production deadlines without compromising quality.
- Flexibility: Willingness to adapt to changing priorities and work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
This position works in an air-conditioned warehouse/manufacturing and cleanroom environments. A break area is available with refrigerator access, microwave, coffee maker, and drink/snack machines.
- Must have the ability to safely lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
Must be capable of standing, bending, and executing repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to read, identify, observe and recognize details, color-coding and fine print at close range on associated engineering drawings.
- Ability to don personal protective equipment to include, but not limited to, respiratory protective equipment with proper seal, coveralls, ear protection, gloves, eye protection & safety helmet.
- Ability to observe, detect and respond to audible and visual machine malfunction warnings.
- Ability to communicate information so others can understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must report to work reliably and with the ability to use full and unimpaired skills and judgment to safely execute your job.
- Proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English required.
*All candidates are subject to a background check.
Our Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Employee rewards package includes equity
- Paid parental leave
- Accrued 10 days of paid time off (PTO)