Installation Permits Manager
Location: Remote in Utah
Full Time, Hourly
At Torus our mission is to empower individuals and communities to become their own renewable energy provider. Torus accelerates the transition from fossil fuel to hybrid to fully electrified homes by decentralizing power and makes it easier to live a renewables life by orchestrating and automating power use during renewable energy cycles.
As an employee of Torus, you will be proud of the work that you do, innovating new technology solutions to help save our planet. You will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating new product offerings in the renewables industry. You will have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
About the role
As a Permits Manager, you will be responsible for preparing plan sets, turning these into the city or AHJ, and tracking approvals. You will be working with the field crews, customer success team, and city employees. We are looking for someone with the skills necessary to complete a permit pack up to code, AHJ, and company standards.
We are seeking strong individuals to support our company's growth and continued success. We have a great work environment that helps individual growth and allows our team to help people save money and save the planet.
- Prepare detailed roof drawings using AutoCAD with a high level of detail
- Prepare plan sets for permitting with the city or “authority having jurisdiction” (AHJ)
- Revise plan sets based on onsite surveys, city or AHJ requirements, and customer feedback/requests
- Post-installation CAD revisions reflecting in-field changes in as-built drawings
- Research, document, and comply with local and national electrical code requirements per AHJ and utility companies
- Coordinate with field crews, customer success, customer support, and operations
Experience you'll need
- Strong computer and design skills
- Experience and proficiency in AutoCAD (minimum 6 months experience)
- Prior electrical PV design experience is preferred but not required
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
Who you are
- Be ready to work hard and gain more experience and knowledge
- Must be flexible to changing schedules, customer demands, and site conditions
- Must demonstrate ethical behavior
- Must be able to work unsupervised for extended periods of time
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-start and meet task-based metric goals
- Work well with the team
Our perks and benefits
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Employee rewards package includes equity
- Paid Parental Leave